Thursday, November 16, 2006

Haven't posted in a while...

I was just sitting here and my favorite parenting message board is down so I thought I'd type some random drivel. I have toyed with making this a more personal blog, but then my next thought is always "Who the hell cares what I have to say?" Indeed. I feel this is true and that personal blogs are 99% boring. Allow me to join the fray.

My children are sitting in the next room eating their lunch (peanut butter and jelly, baby carrots and a cheese stick.) Rosie is not dressed yet despite the fact that I gave her her clothes to put on. It's 11:15 and Ian has to catch the bus in just a few minutes. Afternoon kindergarten is annoying only because they have to eat lunch early. They get up and eat breakfast early and seem to be rampagingly hungry by 10 am, so the early lunch doesn't bother them.

Afternoon kindy is good for me though because it means I get to sleep in. It is no great secret that I am not a morning person. Left to my own devices and despite the fact that teenager-hood is long in my past, I will go to bed at 2 am and get up at noon. These days Eric feeds the kids and sets them in front of various mind-numbing TV programs and then leaves for work shortly before 8. My room is feet away from the family room and so in a state of semi-snooze, I can hear what they're doing while not actually standing up and "looking alive" as my mother would say. I roll outta bed around 9 or 9:30, depending on how quiet the kiddos are.

My friends tell me I am super lucky because their kids insist that they wake up at the buttcrack of dawn. I fear that my kids are just well trained to accept this form of benign neglect and that luck has nothing to do with it.

At any rate, thank God for the L-shaped ranch house that allows me to supervise from bed for an hour or so every morning. No amount of guilt that I give myself during the day will get me to change my habits because I've been trying for years to be a morning person and I'm JUST NOT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home