Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Fancy schmancy!

These are for my aunt who has helped me out a lot in life and also has helped finance my upcoming trip to the Grand Canyon. She says she likes forest green, so this shade of KnitPicks Parade is perfect!

For the pattern I cobbled together a chevron lace pattern found in Knit Socks! with a sock pattern I purchased that uses worsted weight yarn and slightly bigger double points. This lace on size 1's, no thanks! Size 5's make for a much quicker project. The Parade is close to worsted weight anyway.

You know, this may just be the most challenging thing I've made and I had no problems with it at all, which shows how much progress I've made. Not only did I adapt a pattern to make it more complicated, it was a sock pattern with lace, so the stitch count and repeats were crucial throughout. I'm pretty proud of how they turned out.

The original pattern in Knit Socks! did use self-striping yarn, but I think the outcome on bigger needles is a bit busy. It would be interesting to try these socks in a solid color. They took me only a few days apiece, so I'd tackle them again!

Wait a minute...didn't I say just a few entries ago that I was buying my socks at the store from now on??Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home