Sunday, July 16, 2006

Monsieur Petit Lapin du Chenille

First, Lion Brand Velvetspun is evile to knit with. Emphasis on vile. It's fat and yet so smushy that it makes your fingers tired. Plus there is that whole plasticky non-cotton chenille thing going on.

However, in mere moments it can be coaxed into knitting an adorable bunny blankie such as this one. It is very soft and this was so quick and easy, I'd definitely make it again in a different yarn, perhaps. I'm no embroiderer (embroidress?) but winging the face wasn't too hard since at least I've cross-stitched before.

There is a pattern for this at the Lion Brand website, which you can find here except that of course you have to type in a whole ton of personal info now to get to the free patterns which frankly I find freaking annoying and I bet you do, too.

Monsieur Petit Lapin du Chenille is for my sweet friend Gwen and her baby who has been dubbed McScreamy. I tried to make McScreamy a hat and sweater and that was a total fiasco, which will make another blog entry. Tune in again!

Other WIPs at the moment--ribbon tank for Rosie, currently only one row which does not a ribbon tank make, a sock-and-a-half in lace for my aunt, and my endless socks on two circulars in KnitPicks Dancing which is like knitting with string, as well as something I'm SEWING on a MACHINE. Go me! It's a dress for Rosie and I'm very proud of it so far. I haven't sewed since high school. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Jaye said...

That is so adorable!

Just fyi on the LB site, go to www.bugmenot.com and type in the url for lion brand, it'll give you an email and password to use so you won't have to give out all that personal info - very cool!
Better yet, here's the link to save you time in the future: http://www.bugmenot.com/view/www.lionbrand.com

Happy knitting!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Wendy Nelson said...

Thanks so much Jaye! That is great info!

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm making that same bunny for Peanut! Susan and I found the pattern when she was here two weeks ago and I just had to make it. but not using evil LB chenille yarn - using bernat baby instead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home