Thursday, January 12, 2006

Never argue with somebody when you're an idiot

I emailed Knit Picks to tell them I thought there was a mistake in the Pearly Elegance Shawl pattern. It talks about a 10-stitch repeat when in fact I was counting by 12's and it was looking fine and working fine.

The nice but somewhat condescending customer service rep wrote back and said I was wrong, but "if a 12-stitch repeat is working for you, go right ahead and use it." Bitch.

So I re-examined my technique and found that I am doing yarn overs wrong. I've been adding a stitch where I shouldn't be.

Why, you ask, did the pattern still work out for me? Ah, the wonders of math. The cast on is 125 stitches and there are 5 border stitches. Voila, 120, a number divisible by both 12 AND 10.

Lucky me. *twitch*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home